Taney County - Cultural Competence
- May 10, 2018Check for other dates
- Th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, 1 session
- OTC Table Rock Lake 4th Floor
- Alia Stowers
Sorry, we are no longer accepting registrations for this course. Please contact our office to find out if it will be rescheduled, or if alternative classes are available.
Though study after study show that diverse teams and work environments are the most high-performing, it can be difficult to understand those who are different from us or have different backgrounds. In many cases, diversity can become a bit of an obstacle in a work environment, instead of a powerful asset. How does an organization begin to leverage their diversity and avoid the many pitfalls? This training module will:
- Give an overview of the importance and effectiveness of diversity in an organization/team
- Recognize the rich diversity of all people, through various group activities
- Discuss specific issues of race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation to bring awareness of appropriate ways to talk and interact around these issues
- Learn about the concept of micro-aggressions, their impact, and how to make sure participants are not contributing to them in the workplace
- Focus on creating a safe, warm environment for all employees
Enrollment Progress ... What's This?