Sorry, this course is inactive. Please contact our office to see if it will be reinstated, or if alternative classes are available.
Become familiar with the legislation and court decisions that regulate employment and discover their impact on you and your organization.
- Discrimination in Employment
- Sexual Harassment-Hostile Work Environment
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- Hours of Work/Overtime
- Exempt versus Non-exempt Status
- Workers' Compensation
- OSHA on Cumulative Trauma/Muscular-Skeletal Disorders
- Safety & Health Developments - Right-to-Know
- Drug and Alcohol Testing
- WARN Act & Reduction in Force
- AIDS in the Workplace
- Tobacco Usage at the Workplace
- Civil Rights Act (Update on all four Amendments)
- "Just Cause" Termination
- Affirmative Action/EEO
- Immigration Act of 1990
- Summary of Federal Legislation
Benefits of Attending
You will receive a broad overview of federal and state laws that have a day-to-day impact on human resource decisions and actions in the area of employment. Laws are explained in layman's terms and no prior knowledge of the legal system is necessary. One purpose of this seminar is to help owners, managers, supervisors, and human resource personnel avoid mistakes, and thereby avoid the costly legal arena.Enrollment Progress ... What's This?